In the digital age, when you want to stay on top of the event marketing game, you shouldn’t rely strictly on print advertising alone.
Throughout the years, digital marketing has become crucial to a brand’s success as the market turns to focus more on technology. Where consumers turn to newspapers and flyers for the latest events, they now head straight to the virtual world to get all the information they need to be in the know.
When it comes to advertising your event, the key step is to decide which network you will focus on. In any situation, it’s better to have an established presence on a few networks than to have a futile existence on each one. But, how do you tell which platforms will work best for your event marketing?
The key is to be where your most potential attendees are. It means you need to understand who your audience is and investigate where they spend most of their time. It is only then when you can determine which of the following platforms your best picks are:
Facebook is easily the most popular social media platform out there, having over 2 billion monthly active users to date. Its following consists of a diverse set of users across different ages, genders and income levels, offering a great opportunity to reach out to both the younger generations and the online adults.
But, while the News Feed may seem like a clutter that is impossible to cut through, and the recent algorithm appears to not favor your marketing strategies, Facebook still has a lot of other functions you can explore such as its Event Page.
You may already have a business Facebook page, but it can only go as far as being a place to engage with your audience and not to the lengths of advertising your events. It is during this time where you will need to create a specific Events Page if you want your event to stand out. What’s more, you also get to earn the benefits of using Facebook Events.
Instagram is another great platform fit for events. It has over 800 million monthly active users composed primarily of Internet users between ages 18 and 29 (59% of the number) and 33% of users between ages 30 and 49.
Although these demographics already make Instagram a good candidate in itself, its Instagram Stories – among many other game-changing tools – have offered an additional avenue to reach probable attendees. Here are some other Instagram tips you should capitalize on:
- Hashtags – Using hashtags help attendees easily find posts about your event. Make sure that the hashtag you’re using is original and is not currently being used.
- Share Behind-the-Scenes – Use Instagram Stories to take your attendees behind the scenes. Prior to the event, film insider peeks that hint on what the venue will look like and who will be attending.
- Know When to Post – A little research to identify when most of your followers are online can go a long way. It may be more beneficial for you to post during the time when your audience is most active.
Did You Know? Your Instagram efforts work particularly better when paired with Facebook. When shared on Facebook, an Instagram post receives 23% more engagement than the ones published on Facebook itself.
Snapchat started as a photo messaging app until it evolved to become a trendy option for your event marketing. It has over 173 million users daily of which 70% are women and many of whom are in their teens and twenties. So, if your target audience is mostly women, then Snapchat is the place to be.
The network can take some time and practice to get used to, particularly when advertising an event or any other business sense. But, when you get the hang of it, even your low-effort ways can already make a great impact. Many ecommerce development company recommends this platform to promote their events.
- Post at the Right Time – The beauty of Snapchat lies to the fact that the Snaps expire after a period. So like Instagram, posting messages at the right time, with the right tools is essential.
- Share Live Videos – Further, Snapchat also allows you to share snippets of your event. So, users who may not be able to attend can still be visually present.
- Exclusive Offers – You can also use videos to announce platform-specific offers. For instance, launch a contest that awards the one that publishes the most viewed Snapchat Story of your event.
Where to Start?
Social media is essential to the success of your event marketing techniques and these networks offer the best platforms to realize them. But, you shouldn’t forget that there are far more sites to explore – in particular, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest to name a few – and it’s up to you to find the best set of networks that will work for you.
Mitul Patel, Founded ProtonBits, one of the Top Software Development Company in 2011 offer mobile app development services across the globe. His visionary leadership and flamboyant management style have yield fruitful results for the company.